- First Marathon: 1973 Maryland Marathon - Time: 3.31.45
- First Sub Three-Hour Marathon: 1975 Boston Marathon - Time: 2.55.52
- Fastest Marathon: 1979 Boston Marathon - Time: 2.49.56
- Number of Marathons Completed: 23
- Number Open Marathon Wins: 4
- Number of Open Marathons Places: 10
Hometown: Baltimore, MD
Current Residence: Baltimore, MD
Eastern High School (Baltimore, MD) Highlights
- Graduated in 1967
- Played volleyball.
Morgan State College (Baltimore, MD)
- Graduated in 1971 with Honors; Bachelor of Science Degree, Education
- Played field hockey.
Springfield College (Springfield MA)
- Graduated with Masters of Science Degree
Post-Collegiate Sports Highlights
- 1973 Maryland Marathon, second place
- 1974 Beltsville Marathon, second place
- Member of the USA unofficial team to the Second Women’s International Marathon (1976) in Waldniel, West Germany. There were 45 finishers from nine countries. This was the forerunner to the first women’s Olympic marathon in 1980. Placed sixteenth in 3:10:16.
- 1977 Maryland Marathon, first place (2:51:18).
- 1977 Beltsville (MD) Marathon, first place (3:04:22).
- 1977 Boston Marathon, second place (2:51:12).
- 1977 Mayor Daley Marathon (later became the Chicago Marathon), second place (2:54:56).
- Track and Field News ranked her in the top ten women marathoners in the world in 1977.
- 1978 Maryland Marathon, second place (2:57:32).
- 1978 First Avon International Marathon in Atlanta, GA, ninth place (2:58:26). Note: This attracted a field of 186 women from nine countries.
- Best half marathon: in Delaware.
- 1979 Boston Marathon, fifteenth place (2:49:56); Best Marathon Time
- 1979 Maryland Marathon, first place (2:54:35)
- 1980 Catoctin Mountain 10K, first place, President Jimmy Carter ran this road race. He became the first sitting US President to compete in a road race.
- Coach club age group team for 10 years, and have been coaching high school for over 30 years, cross country and outdoor track.
- Girls 4 A state cross country champs in the mid 1990’s.
- Two athletes went on to college and became division national champions. One became a Division 1 indoor 3000m champion, and the young man was a 1500 meter division 1 national champ and a competitor at last summer USA Olympic Trials In the 1500m.
- Marathon: 2:49:56
- Half Marathon: 1:22:46